“The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.”
– Walter Bagehot
I don’t normally start out like this–truly, I try to avoid boring you to death with too much “taxy” stuff, unless it’s pertinent and actionable for you (it is, after all, our job to keep your tax burden down!).
So… a few tax-related things, and then my staff put something together which seems a bit self-aggrandizing to send along, but they think you’ll get a kick out of it.
The tax item:
October 15th is the deadline to get your return from TY2009 (Tax Year 2009) in to the IRS. You would have had to file an extension to get this date (instead of 4/15). If you aren’t aware of this deadline, you’ve got PROBLEMS. But, of course, I’m in the problem-solving business, so again–call ( 866.282.3127) or email me. We’ll set you up right!
Which, my staff tells me, is a great segue to this week’s Note. Not quite a “Strategy” Note this week, but it is something you should definitely keep in mind! <wink>
With apologies to a certain Texas Ranger named Walker…
13 Surprising Facts About Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson
1) Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson does not sleep, but only waits.
2) When the IRS Man goes to sleep each night, he checks his closet for signs of Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson. Carefully.
3) Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.
4) Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson counted to infinity–twice.
5) When Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson falls into the water, Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson doesn’t get wet. Water gets Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson.
6) Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson CAN believe it’s not butter.
7) Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson doesn’t read the tax code …
but simply stares it down until the information submits.
8) Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson can divide by zero.
9) If you look closely, you can see Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson in every scene of Gladiator.
10) Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson has never blinked over the course of life. Never. Unlike the IRS when they pick up the phone and Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson is on the line.
11) Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson once fixed an incorrect tax return by
simply looking at it. With fire in the eyes.
12) Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson has never been “away” on
vacation. Resort locations come to Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson.
13) Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson never hides, but only seeks.
Don’t you feel better with Tom N Bass & Rhonda Johnson on your side?
Like I said…a bit self-aggrandizing, but fun :). I hope you enjoyed it. Only certain parts of it are actually true. I’ll leave it to you to figure out which parts.
I’m personally dedicated to the success of your family–and your peace of mind! Can other tax professionals say that?